Are you writing a book or collecting information for another purpose? I do research (historical, genealogical, bibliographical, legal, provenance) at the major research institutions in Ireland (archives, libraries, Registry of Deeds, Valuation Office, etc.) and abroad (British Library, The National Archives, National Art Library, Cadbury Research Library, etc.) and prepare reports with full referencing.
Perhaps you need a new reading list/ bibliography or to finish an incomplete one – I can do the literature search for you and present it in a format that suits you. If you have an existing bibliography in a format that needs conversion to another, please contact me (I can also convert other documents into a different format or in old legacy file formats).
I also catalogue objects, collections of books (libraries) and documents / photographs (archives); some of these projects are listed below.
Much of my research is of a confidential nature. Thus, details are missing in the sample projects I’ve listed.
- research of freehold title of Irish city centre and rural properties
- currently reconstructing the catalogue of a virtual art collection for an Irish estate
- in 2016 I was asked to write a history of the South Chapel (St Finbarr’s South), Dunbar Street, Cork city. This church was built in 1766 and is now the oldest functioning Roman Catholic church in the city. The book includes over fifty colour illustrations, is fully referenced and has a select bibliography. A History of St Finbarr’s Church, Cork 1766-2016, first edition (September 2016), is now sold out. A revised first edition was published in October 2016 (ISBN 9780995609006) and is now available for sale online at:
Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon France, Amazon Germany or Amazon Canada. The Amazon Look Inside feature is enabled here if readers want to have a preview of the inside of the book before they buy.
- researched and wrote book of profiles (based on Irish Life & Lore interviews), published as Racing Reflections: the lives and times of Irish racing people by Horse Racing Ireland (2012) 207pp
- researched and wrote 60th anniversary history of Scoil Mhuire, Cork, presented to Miss Mary O’Donovan at lunch to celebrate her work (2012)
- set up a 19th century basement kitchen with appropriate historical props for public tour (2011)
- researched and wrote stately home tour guide script (2009, 2011)
- Researched and wrote scoping report on possible Collection Management Software (15pp) (2008) for an Irish art gallery
See also genealogical research, archives and library projects and museum-related projects portfolio