I am familiar with the publication process as I have experience of being an author, proofreader, editor and publisher.
Have you finished your book or article but it needs to be better presented? I can take your file and read through (proofreading), make sure that outline numbering and foot/endnote numbers are in order, and check that your bibliography is in alphabetical order, etc. I certainly won’t interfere with your research but I can improve the presentation so that your content shines!
If you’re thinking about publishing a collection of articles (maybe for a festschrift or memorial volume), then I can digitise these and prepare the text ready for editing and publication. You can use your own publisher or I can publish under my own imprint ‘HarmoodWeston’.
Other services I can provide include proofreading, copy-editing and indexing, see some examples of my work below.
- proofread: John R. Bowen, chapter on Irish provincial silver in the Georgian era (2019, forthcoming publication by Four Courts Press)
- published my own book using CreateSpace (now Kindle Direct Publishing): after writing the text and assembling the photographs, I designed the layout and cover, created the PDF and published it in paperback using my imprint ‘HarmoodWeston’ (2016) ISBN 978-0995609006
- proofread and copy-edited: Vera Ryan ‘Made in Cork: the Arts and Crafts movement from the 1880s to the 1920s’, essay for art gallery exhibition catalogue (2016)
- picture editor – researching images, securing intellectual rights and digital copies; also proofreading, indexing, and liaison with typesetter: Charles Brand: A construction story (Belfast: Lagan Construction Ltd, 2014) ISBN 9780992776909/ 9780992776916
- digitised 1969 PhD typed thesis with a view to editing for publication (forthcoming)
- working with authors, proofing, editing, liaising with publisher: Editor, 7 volumes (2006-2012), Journal of the Cork Historical & Archaeological Society.
- digitised text and images, and proofread: T. Jones Hughes Landholding, society and settlement in nineteenth-century Ireland: a historical geographer’s perspective (introduction by Prof. W. J. Smyth) (Dublin: Geography Publications, 2010) ISBN 9780906602591
- copy-edited 480 records in the National Roads Authority online database of archaeological excavations (2008)
- copy-editing, indexed, liaison with typesetter: Dwyers of Cork: a family business and a business family (Cork: Ted Dwyer, 2008) ISBN 9780956077608
- digitised images, copy-edited text, indexed, and typeset in Word: Antiquarians and archaeology in 19th century Cork by Dr Joan E. Rockley, BAR British Series 454 (Oxford: Archaeopress, 2008) ISBN 1407302507/ 9781407302508
- proofread: Student of the Year 40th Anniversary Retrospective at The Lavit Gallery (Cork, 2007)
- proofread, indexed, liaison with typesetter, exhibition catalogue: A Celebration of Limerick’s Silver (Cork: The Collins Press, 2007) ISBN 1905172559
- proofread exhibition catalogue: Louis Le Brocquy – Allegory & Legend (Limerick: The Hunt Museum, 2006) ISBN 9780952092254
- proofread, checked references: The Honan Chapel: a golden vision (Cork University Press, 2004) ISBN 9781859183465